This recipe blew me away. It is actually something my boyfriend came up with quite a while ago and I have made it several times for myself now. I know it doesn’t have a crunchy dough base, but this is full on pizza experience for me. Plus, you eat a whole courgette for dinner!
You will need:
- 1 courgette
- about 5cm of dried chorizo sausage
- 1 can of tomato paste (70 grams)
- 1 clove of garlic
- immense amounts of grated cheese! (just kidding, about 50 grams is enough I think)
- teaspoon each of dried oregano, thyme and basil
- salt& pepper
Let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and line a oven rack with baking paper.
- Wash your courgette and cut it up into 1cm thick slices.
- In a small bowl mix your tomato paste, minced garlic and herbs together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut your chorizo into thin slices.
- Ready to build these! Lay down all your courgette slices, divide the tomato paste/ sauce over all of them, add a slice of chorizo and top each with a small mountain of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Or shorter/ longer dependent on how raw you like your courgette. But make sure the cheese is melted 🙂
- Plate and enjoy!
You can use the rest of the chorizo in:
- Some couscous salad. For example with feta and spinach.
- in this stew: Bean Stew
How do you make sure you have enough veggies each day?
P.S. If you make one of the dishes, you can post them on instagram and tag me (@oneservingblog). I would love to see your creations!